Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Cream
Obagi ELASTIderm cream contains a patented Bi-Mineral Contour Complex™ that help support skin elasticity. This is a hydrating product that restores collagen and elastin to your skin to give smoother, firmer and more resilient-looking skin around the eyes.
Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Cream (15g)
Obagi ELASTIderm cream is one of the most popular eye products in the UK as well as its serum version. It contains a patented Bi-Mineral Contour Complex™ that help support skin elasticity. This is a hydrating product that restores collagen and elastin to your skin to give smoother, firmer and more resilient-looking skin around the eyes. The main benefits of ELASTIderm eye products include:
- Treat fine lines and wrinkles
- Restore firmness and elasticity to skin
- Promote younger looking under-eye skin
ELASTIderm Eye Cream has been clinically proven to rejuvenate the under-eye area:
- 97% of patients considered the roughness/crepey texture of the skin around their eyes to be barely or not noticeable
- 88% of patients considered the laxity/looseness of the skin around their eyes to be barely or not noticeable
- 78% of patients considered the overall appearance of the skin around their eyes to be excellent, very good, or good
Where Can I Buy ELASTIderm Eye Cream or Serum in the UK?
Unlike many Obagi treatments, the ELASTIderm eye cream and serum are not prescription products and so you can buy them quite easily in the UK. We offer the cream or serum through our online shop or if you are interested in our prescription-strength anti-ageing treatments then you can also request it through our online skin clinic. If you opt for the latter, your doctor will write a protocol for you to use the product and recommend any other treatments for example such as retinoids that they think will help you achieve your skin goals. You can also get ELASTIderm through bricks-and-mortar aesthetic clinics. However, please make sure that you find a reputable retailer as there are many counterfeit products on the market.
OBAGI SKINCARE PRICES (DELIVERY TO UK ONLY)
OBAGI ELASTIDERM EYE CREAM (15G)£105
OBAGI ELASTIDERM EYE SERUM (14ML)£105
Duration of effect
Back to Work
Obagi Elastiderm Eye Cream vs Serum: What’s the Difference?
Both the cream and the serum will help combat the visible signs of aging around the eyes. However, they have different purposes depending on your needs. The ElASTIderm eye cream is thicker and richer. So, it’s ideal if you need intensive hydration and firmer looking skin. It is great for addressing dryness and ensuring the skin remains supple. On the other hand, the ELASTIderm eye serum has a lighter and more fluid texture. As such, your skin can more quickly absorb it. It also contains caffeine which helps depuff the skin. It’s perfect for those who suffer from puffy eyes and want a light-weight formula with a non-greasy finish. Which one you choose should depend on what your skin needs and your treatment goals.
How to Use Obagi Elastiderm Eye Cream or Serum
Both these products are very easy to apply and you can use them both in the morning and night depending on your needs. To get the maximum benefits from Obagi ELASTIderm eye cream or serum, follow these steps:
- Cleanse & Prep: Begin with clean skin. Wash your face using a gentle cleanser to remove makeup, dirt, and excess oils. Pat dry with a soft towel. Follow with a toner if you normally use one.
- Add in Your Actives: If you normally use a gentle exfoliating acid, serums like vitamin C or essence then apply them at this point. Please see next section regarding retinoids.
- Apply the Product (use your little finger):
- Cream: take a small amount using your fingertip or an applicator. Massage it gently around the eye area, focusing on the under-eye and crow’s feet. Use soft, patting motions until the cream is fully absorbed.
- Serum: use the dropper to dispense a few drops onto your fingertip. Gently massage and smooth the serum around the eye contour to ensure it’s evenly distributed.
- Finish Your Routine: after applying the cream or serum, proceed with the rest of your skincare routine like sunscreen in the mornings.
How Often to Use & How to Store Your ELASTIderm
In general, you should use your eye cream or serum twice a day. However, if you’re pressed for time then try to at least use it in the evenings. You should store the product in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. if you suffer from puffy or sensitive eyes, keep your cream or serum in the fridge. This will help calm down your skin and reduce swelling.
Can I use ELASTIderm With Retinol or Tretinoin?
Yes you can and in fact for a lot of people using ELASTIderm alongside a retinoid like Tretinoin or Retinol is a great option. In fact, its something we recommend for a lot of our clients through our virtual clinic. These treatments compliment each other to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, plump up the skin as well as reduce dark marks under the eyes. To use these together, you can follow the above protocol but with a minor adjustment. After applying the ELASTIderm, apply a rice-grain sized mount of your retinoid to the under eye area. Follow up with another layer of your serum or cream. This sandwich technique will protect the under eye skin from irritation which can happen with retinoids.
If you’re new to retinoids, make sure that you start with a low concentration and slow frequency to again avoid irritating the delicate skin in this area. If you purchase ELASTIderm through our virtual clinic, your doctor will create a protocol to help you get the most out of your treatment. You can also email us if you order through the shop and we’ll get one of our doctors to provide you with a protocol free of charge.