Loss Of Face Volume
The whole mark of a younger face is one with thick, plump and firm skin. Additionally, younger faces have fuller volumes due to the size and location of the facial fat pads. As we age, our faces lose their fullness because of thinning of the skin, loss of elasticity and shrinking in size of the facial fat pads.
WHAT IS LOSS OF FACE VOLUME?
The whole mark of a younger face is one with thick, plump and firm skin. Additionally, younger faces have fuller volumes due to the size and location of the facial fat pads. As we age, our faces lose their fullness because of thinning of the skin, loss of elasticity and shrinking in size of the facial fat pads. This loss of face volume results in the appearance of lines, wrinkles and sagging of the face.
WHAT CAUSES LOSS OF FACE VOLUME?
The main cause of facial volume loss is ageing. Over time, our body produces less collagen, elastin and the fat pads in the face reduce in size. This results in thinner and less pliable skin as well as sagging of the face. Similarly, changes in hormonal profile, in particular, oestrogen, can help accelerate this process. Lifestyle factors such as smoking and sun damage also contribute to skin ageing as well as loss of facial volume.
HOW DOES LOSING VOLUME AFFECT THE APPEARANCE OF YOUR FACE?
Loss of skin volume leads to thinner and less elastic skin. This gives rise to wrinkles and uneven texture. At the same time, reduction in the volume of the fat pads, as well as their descent with gravity, occurs. This gives rise to a flatter profile and sagging of the skin in the mid and lower face. Hence this can lead to a gaunt appearance. It is due to this loss of facial fat volume that gives rise to tear trough deformities, hollowing of the temples, malar flattening, nose to mouth lines, jowls and marionette lines.
HOW TO ADD AND RESTORE VOLUME TO YOUR FACE NATURALLY
In our opinion, hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are highly effective for restoring facial volume. This is because they can replace lost volume, help firm up and lift skin, smooth down wrinkles and deliver natural looking results. How much, which type of filler and where to pace them depends on the degree of facial volume loss and your overall face shape. The main ways Dermal fillers can help with face volume loss are:
- Cheek fillers for contouring and midface lifting.
- Tear trough fillers for undereye circles and shadows.
- Restoration of lip shape, definition and volume with lip fillers.
- Combat sagging, marionette lines and jowls with jawline and lower face fillers.
- Additionally, face fillers can be combined with Botox as part of our signature liquid facelift to refresh and smooth the face. Collagen induction therapy can also boost the effects of dermal fillers by inducing elastin and collagen formation for thicker and plumper skin.
- Prescription anti-ageing skincare such as Tretinoin alone or in combination with Hydroquinone can improve the appearance of lines, wrinkles and age spots. Tretinoin can also help stimulate collagen production and enhance blood supply to the skin hence improving its overall quality.