Obagi-C system can help you achieve softer, smoother, radiant, and more even-looking skin. The Obagi-C Rx System (Prescription only) contains 4% hydroquinone which works to reduce hyperpigmentation and a number of key ingredients that help address the signs of skin aging.
Obagi-C Rx/Fx System
This is a complete skincare program. It comes in two forms, a prescription only version and an over the counter kit. The Obagi-C Rx system (POM) contains 4% hydroquinone and is available by prescription only. On the other hand the Obagi-C Fx system contains arbutin as the pigment suppressing agent and is available without a prescription. Both versions of the kit reduce hyperpigmentation such as dark or age spots and melasma. They also contain other essential ingredients to help address the signs of skin aging caused by photoaging.
The Kit Includes:
- C-Cleansing Gel
- C-Exfoliating Day Lotion (normal to dry skin kit) or C-Balancing Toner (normal to oily skin kit)
- C-Clarifying Serum
- Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- C-Therapy Night Cream
Discover the transformative power of the Obagi-C System. This comprehensive skincare system harnesses the antioxidant potential of Vitamin C alongside pigment suppressors. It brightens, protects and rejuvenates skin. This helps to give a complexion that radiates with youthful vitality. You will need a consultation with one of our doctors to assess you and ensure this is the correct system for you.
The Obagi-C System is an early intervention for signs of skin damage
Obagi-C system can help you achieve softer, smoother, radiant and younger looking skin. It is a especially designed to target mild-to-moderate skin ageing, hyperpigmentation and melasma. The Obagi-C Rx/Fx System is ideal if you have:
- Mild-moderate hyperpigmentation, sun damage and age spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Rough skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Why Choose the Obagi-C System?
- Potent Vitamin C Formula: Enjoy the antioxidant benefits of Vitamin C in particular it’s anti-ageing and brightening capabilities. The 10% L-ascorbic acid in the kit helps defend against free radicals. It can also help protect your skin from environmental stressors that speed up ageing with potent antioxidants.
- Clinically Supported Ingredients: Powerful pigment suppressors in form of 4% hydroquinone in the Obagi-C Rx system and Arbutin in the Obagi-C Fx system. These improve hyperpigmentation and provide a more even-toned complexion.
- Complete Skincare Routine: From cleansers to serums, this system takes care of every step of your skincare routine. The kit is easy to use and your doctor will personalise your protocol to ensure you get maximum benefits.
- Clinically Proven Results: Trusted by dermatologists and skincare specialists worldwide, the Obagi-C System delivers impressive results. It helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and uneven skin tone. Obagi-C also combats the visible signs of ageing and sun damage.
What’s the Difference Between the Obagi-C Rx (POM) and Obagi-C Fx Systems?
The Obagi-C Rx (POM) System contains 4% hydroquinone which works to reduce hyperpigmentation and a number of key ingredients that help address the signs of skin aging. The Obagi-C Fx system contains the complete skincare system but uses arbutin instead of hydroquinone. Since the Fx system is free from hydroquinone, it can be purchased without a prescription.
Both systems are effective but the Obagi-C Fx system is gentler and results are seen more slowly. The Fx products contain Arbutin, which is a gentler formulation, so it will generally take about 24 weeks to see visible results. Patients who use the Obagi-C Rx prescription system typically start to see progress in as little as 6-8 weeks. However, this system is linked with a higher risk of irritation, redness and dryness.
In general Obagi-C Rx (POM) is best suited for people with more severe or stubborn hyperpigmentation or those with darker skin tones. Obagi-C Fx is ideal for people with milder skin discolouration or those with sensitive skin. Your doctor can advise you on which system would suit your needs best during your consultation. Please note you must have a consultation with one of our doctors who will discuss which treatment be best for you and put together a personalised treatment protocol.
Our expert doctor will design a bespoke Obagi Skincare program for you to follow. The cost of the consultation will be deducted from any skincare purchase.
TREATMENT WITH OBAGI-C RX/FX SYSTEM (PRESCRIPTION ONLY)£370
Your doctor will help you decide which of these systems is best for you.
Duration of effect
Back to Work
Where Can I Get Obagi-C System in the UK?
There are a few ways you can get Obagi-C System in the UK depending on what type of treatment you need and your preferences. At City Skin Clinic, we’ve made this super easy. Through our online clinic, you can get Obagi-C Rx or Fx system in the UK from the comfort of your home. All you need to do is complete our online consultation form or book a virtual consultation. Your dedicated doctor will then create a personalised treatment protocol for your skin concerns and goals. They will help you choose which system is best for you. Your treatments will then be delivered to your home. The doctor will then monitor your progress and give you advice throughout your entire journey.
You can also get this treatment through a bricks and mortar aesthetic skin clinic. After a review with a medical practitioner, they can advise whether you should use the Fx or Rx system and order it for you. You would then need to attend follow ups in clinic for them to monitor your treatment. It is possible to directly buy the Obagi-C Fx system as it is not a prescription product. You can do this through a number of medical spas as well as online retailers. However, you should check that they are authorised to sell genuine Obagi products. This is because there are many counterfeit products on the market.
How Should You Use the System?
To get the most benefit from the Obagi-C System, we recommend a personalised approach. By tailoring your treatment protocol to your skin type, concerns and goals, you can reduce the risk of side effects and ensure you get good results. Whilst this is a complete skincare routine, we often recommend adding a retinoid such as Retinol or Tretinoin to significantly enhance the results. Retinoids speed up skin cell renewal and boost collagen production. When used with the Obagi-C System, they can help fade hyperpigmentation and reduce visible signs of ageing like skin laxity and fine lines. As a result, you can amplify the anti-ageing, smoothing and skin brightening effects of your treatment. Additionally, retinoids can also help build on and maintain the results you get after completing your Obagi-C system kit.
Frequently asked questions
Key Safety Information for Obagi-C Rx C-Clarifying Serum and C-Therapy Night Cream (containing 4% hydroquinone)
Main Active Ingredient: 4% hydroquinone.
Do Not Use If:
- You have had previous allergic reactions or sensitivity to this product or any component of its formulation.
- You are pregnant, breast feeding or planning to be.
- This system is also not suitable for children under 12 years. At City Skin clinic we only treat people who are aged 18 or over.
- Avoid getting the product in the eyes, nose, mouth or on the lips. If it happens, rinse the affected area immediately with water and consult with your doctor.
- Using sunscreen is crucial during hydroquinone treatment, as even a little sun exposure can activate melanocytes and cause rebound hyperpigmentation.
- This product contains sodium metabisulfite, a chemical that can cause certain allergic reactions. This may include potentially life-threatening symptoms or milder asthmatic reactions. While sulfite sensitivity is more common in asthmatics, its prevalence in the general population remains unknown. Patch test before first use to check for allergies and seek medical help straight away if any occur.
Potential Risks & Side-Effects:
The Obagi-C Rx system, boasts hydroquinone as a primary ingredient in the serum and night therapy lotion. Whilst it is safe and widely well tolerated, you should be alert to potential side effects. Some people might experience skin reddening, irritation, or a mild burning sensation which can be managed by altering your treatment protocol. There is also a risk of allergy which is higher in those with asthma or sulfite sensitivity. Paradoxically, while hydroquinone is used to lighten skin, its misuse can sometimes lead to hyperpigmentation. Sun exposure without adequate protection can worsen this. A rare side effect of hydroquinone over or misuse is ochronosis, where the skin develops a bluish-grey tinge. To reduce the risk of side effects, always follow your personalised treatment plan and let your doctor know if you experience any problems.