It’s been a while since Kylie Jenner admitted that her stunning pout had been achieved with a little help from lip fillers, but the trend for sensual, plump lips is showing no signs of disappearing. Many celebrities have owned up to using fillers to enhance the volume of their lips, but whose lip style is the most sought after?
Popular celebrity lip styles
A skilled aesthetic doctor will design your non-surgical lip augmentation to suit your facial structure so that it looks very natural. Many of our clients show us photos of the look they wish to achieve. Some of the celebrities whose style they most want to emulate include:
- Taylor Swift’s lips show a clearly defined Cupid’s bow and a full lower lip. This heart-shaped style is very suitable for a narrow mouth.
- Jennifer Lawrence’s upper and lower lips have both been enhanced for a sensual look, with fullness distributed evenly along the lower lip.
- Beyoncé – The superstar is thought to have enhanced the fullness of her upper lip, giving her mouth a more balanced appearance.
- Rihanna’s lips are very aesthetically pleasing, with a full lower lip and very deep cleft in the upper lip.
- Angelina Jolie – Angelina’s is possibly the most frequently-requested lip style. Many experts believe her beautiful lips are entirely natural, but whether or not she has had them enhanced with fillers, they are among the most recognisable lips in the world. Both upper and lower lip are enhanced, with a slight upward swoop at the sides and a central crease in the lower lip that accentuates the fullness on either side.
Fillers have come a long way from the early days of lip enhancement when doctors injected silicone into the lips and clients risked the dreaded “trout pout”. Today, aesthetic doctors mostly use hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Teosyal and Juvederm. Hyaluronic acid, also known as HA, is produced naturally in the body; it attracts and holds water. The filler is skilfully injected into the lips and surrounding tissues, where its plumping and smoothing effect should last from between 6 to 12 months.
Are lip fillers safe?
Modern lip fillers are generally considered to be very safe. After your initial free consultation, your doctor will apply a numbing cream and then administer the filler with a fine needle; the procedure is almost painless and the visual effect is instant. There may be some initial slight redness or bruising that can last a day or two. HA breaks down gradually and treatments will need to be repeated every 6-12 months. Finally, if you don’t like your new look, the treatment can be reversed instantly with an injection of hyaluronidase.
To find out more about how non-surgical lip enhancement can help you achieve your favourite celebrity lip style visit our section on facial and lip fillers or to book your consultation please contact City Skin Clinic online or call us on 0207 1834 298.